Such Is Life Fest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shape of Punk to Come

Go down

The Shape of Punk to Come Empty The Shape of Punk to Come

Post  SEX BOMB Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am

Hey SIL guys.

Curious if you're still using this forum for the 2013 fest or not? Anyway...

Just wondering about the "new" direction the DIY punk scene has taken, ie, playing commercial Booty and R'n'B instead of supporting local DIY dance/hip-hop (etc) acts with a political edge, eg, Combat Wombat, Curse ov Dialect etc.

I was present at a SIL collective meeting, and when your mob were looking for more bands I put my hand up to offer my band GFSM to play. I gather the silence that followed meant no. Is cool, I don't mind that so much, but the principle is what counts.

Punk is generally left-wing, fitting in the "anti-capitalist/anti-sexist/anti-racist" mentality. Why then play music about getting rich and fucking ho's?!? Aren't you unvalidating (is that a word?) everything DIY stands for for the sake of popularity?

I know the dance thing started with the Daggy Disco's, as fundraisers for this and that. It was a good idea, to play pop music to attract people to get money. But really it doesn't have a place at DIY festivals. It seems you guys are somehow hellbent on attracting the city niteclub "aussie swazi" crowd.

Please, please, for the love of dog, get DIY dance acts instead of playing music you hear in every venue in every city every day!!!

SEX BOMB

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum